Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 04:04 AM
I have not forked out the money yet for one of the calibration DVD's like DVE or Avia, so I thought I would try using the THX calibration tools on many of the THX authorized DVD's. A few folks on AVSforum have told me that the calibration utilities on the StarWars II DVD are the most recent and very thorough.

So, I started going through them to adjust my Sanyo Z2 projector: Contrast settings, Brightness, BTB (blacker than black) etc... When I came to the blue screen test, it says you have to have some THX Blue Filter glasses, and if you don't have them to skip to the tint/hue tests. Now why would they have this test and not furnish the glasses with the DVD's?

Any ideas for me, I went to the THX website and the link to where you can get them, supposably free, does not work. I'm getting "Page can't be displayed" yada yada yada

So does anybody have ideas on where I can get some of these glasses for the blue color tests....

thanks, Randy

Posted By: maphiker Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 04:46 PM
Email Jacqueline Rivera [jrivera@thx.com]for the order form.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 04:54 PM
thanks man, after 29 people looking at my post and not responding, I'm glad a newbie finally gave me feedback

Welcome to Axiom...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 06:05 PM
I have a strip of blue film that came with a calibration disk I got a few years ago. It is supposed to be the same material. If you can't get the glasses from THX, let me know and I can get you the film to use.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 06:22 PM
Thanks Nick,

I just got an email back from Jackie at THX, the glasses are free, you just have to pay the $2 Shipping and Handling.

Randy
Posted By: nickbuol Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 06:30 PM
I found a link on the THX site that is to "Order THX Optimizer Glasses"

It points to the following email address:
mktg@thx.com

No subject, just an email address. You could try that too.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 06:50 PM
When I tried those links last night I was getting "Page can't be displayed". Oh well, Jackie from THX just sent me the order form. If anybody wants it let me know...

Randy

Posted By: donjuanmiguel Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 09:20 PM
Hey Randy, I'm interested in the form. I'll pm you next.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 10:01 PM
I've got it too. Nice Excel spreadsheet.
I can get it to someone if they need it and Sirquack it too slow to get it to you (hehe)...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/28/05 11:03 PM
Just sent it to John Slow but very organized, ha ha
Posted By: donjuanmiguel Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/29/05 11:22 PM
Hey, anything that comes via phone lines is always faster than snail mail.

Thanks Randy!
Posted By: richeydog Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/29/05 11:47 PM
Randy, is this what your looking for?

Posted By: SirQuack Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/29/05 11:54 PM
you know me to well Richeyboy

right now I'm drinking a few cold ones and watching Old School, funny as $hit
Posted By: RickF Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/30/05 06:04 AM
Beer! Did somebody mention beer?

In reply to:

Old School, funny as $hit

'Come on everybody, we're all streaking....EVERYBODY'S doing it!'

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
Posted By: hopkinj4 Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/30/05 02:57 PM
Is the order form for both the blue and the red color glasses? I thought there was suppose to be read and blue glasses for the avia configuration dvd. Am I mistaken?

Oh, yeah.... could you send the order form to me as well. Thanks.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/30/05 03:16 PM
The DVE DVD comes with a red, blue and green filter.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/30/05 03:56 PM
Guess I didn't look at my box very closely. I don't remember getting any filters. Of course, the last time I tried to calibrate my TV, it turned out horribly.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/30/05 04:36 PM
This is for the THX Calibration that comes on certain DVD's, not AVIA or Video Essentials. THX just has the Blue Filter glasses.
Posted By: hopkinj4 Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 09/30/05 04:46 PM
Ah, gotcha. Actually... I think it is "The Calibrator 2.0" that said I needed the red/blue/green glasses for certain calibration screens. Pretty nice calibration DVD too. It has some pretty cool stuff on it. www.outpostfx.com I think the english site is down right now though.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: THX Blue Filter Glasses - 10/01/05 02:19 AM
the Avia dvd comes with red, blue, and green filters, but unfortunately they're just 2"x4" pieces of plastic not glasses.
© Axiom Message Boards