Keeping all front speakers the same is always a plus – if you have the room. Just imagine, three power towers looking at you…….cool.

Tom’s right, not much 7.1 stuff out there. But, your 2500 will send some tunes to those speakers and it will sound great, regardless of 7 channels or 6. You will be completely immersed in sound. Music in surround is quite a treat, and this is coming from an ol’ two channel advocate that has ZERO SACD’s.

You want to place the side surrounds perpendicular to your sitting area about 6’ off the floor, a little to the rear or front, wherever you can mount them. The rears go behind you (obviously). Keep them about 6’ apart and at about the same height as the sides.

I’ve got the LF-1, had the 500, have the 600 and have a Wharfedale coming my direction for my two channel system. The Outlaw held it’s own against the 500, but the 500 was much, much smoother and reached lower. I liked the Outlaw just fine without any want to upgrade it until I got the 500. Then I got the 600 and effectively screwed myself. For music, I think it blows the 500 away, but for movies, it’s a toss up when you consider the price difference. If I could justify the $2500 for another 600 in piano gloss black, I’d have one for the two channel system. The 500 has been in more than one shootout with SVS and HSU. It usually wins in blind tests. That’s all I know. Ask Ajax or Craigsub for more on subs. Craig’s pretty busy playing with little white balls this time of the year, but you could always send him a PM and hope he replies.

Unless you like muddy highs, sloppy and boomy bass, and don’t care if you ever hear a kick drum or brass horns or a guitar pick, Axiom speakers will give you a big grin. The system I picked out above will most definitely rock that room of yours, whether it be music or movies. And no, I don’t get a red cent from Axiom. Don’t own stock, and don’t really care one way or the other what the hell you buy – other than the shear joy of seeing someone get a great set of speakers without having to take it in the shorts.

I have things to do. Later and have fun with this. Don’t take it too seriously or you’ll loose hair.