I'm not buying the prepro at this time. It is still in its infancy and there are a few remaining bugs that need to be taken care of.

I plan on keeping my receiver for prepro duties until the version II comes along(note: I don't have any idea if something is in the works or not). I don't mind paying a little more than the current price when the issues are resolved.

The 50 watts a piece shouldn't be a problem for the rear surrounds. Heck I'm using a 50watt receiver for all channels now and it gets pretty loud.

Here is a post from the rocket forum to give you an idea of the issues that are currently at hand, yet are being worked on as we speak.

Quote:

Well I received an updated UL today from emotiva. It contains a new version of the software and is supposed to resolve the issues below.

1) DPLIIx defaulting to Music
2) Switching to bypass for non DD content regardless of last setting
3) Popping sound in speakers while switching from non DD station to DD station
4) One big issue many seem to be having is the UL does not seem to have any way to store our listening preference. If it does then it is not working.

For example: Lets say I am watching tv. when I flip to an HD channel the sound will flip to DD. Thats great. But when a comercial comes on or I flip to a non HD channel it is changing the UL sound setting to bypass. Well I want it to be DPLIIx movie. So I change it. Flip around come back and sometimes it will keep that preferences, until I shut off the unit. Then it goes back to bypass. Also next time I want to use DPLIIX movie and hit the button on the remote it defaults to music, so the only to remedy this it to go into the menus and change it. So that causes my projector to lose synch with the image as it does not like the UL menu. As you can see this is less than ideal and usually results in me giving up and just using bypass mode which really kind of stinks. I have seen a bunch of other posts on this same issue I just was not sure if anyone notified you about it.

Of course my theater is completely torn apart and the projector out getting fixed so it will be at least a week or two before I can actually play around with it

Here is that thread if you're interested in reading it. It is quite long. The post I quoted is on the 7th page which was made by the forum member marjen. He was one of the beta testers for the product.

Emo UL and PLIIx

Ok, so it appears that I'm being a huge fanboy for Emotiva and it's products. That is not my intention. If there was no Emotiva, I would have an Outlaw amp right now. I still feel that you should buy whatever tickles your fancy.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP