Originally Posted by Mojo
We can't assume the HP drivers in the M60 will result in higher power/SPL. The crossover may not be designed for it. If you want higher power and SPL, you may have to move up. But, I'd bet, within its power and frequency spec, the M60HP is more linear than the M80.

As for the M100, the M60 is more linear. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. I like the M5 bookshelf better than the M100. The M100 goes louder, forms larger images and soundstage, sounds more real but it also gets in the way of itself when it comes to imaging. The M5 is invisible and I didn't even have to try. So is the M2 and M3. But the M100 is not - not in any of my rooms. .

Ok, that makes more sense now Mojo. Really it does. And I DO remember you saying it over and over again that the m60 is more linear than the m100. Great comparison of m60v4hp to m5 in terms of power spec/handling and that it comes with a "stand" and plays lower. All very good points. Thanks. Really good food for thought. So I guess the question remains, does the m60v4hp disappear as well as the m5hp given the differences but closer to it than all the other towers. That could be the ticket for my space.....I really enjoy it when the speakers just vanish into space, its so cool, albeit in a limited way with the m60ti.....plus a couple of subs if needed, it's rather large and voluminous in here. ....... Theres definately room to add some more large waves in here and not have them be a problem I think. The m3 does it easily and the disappearing act is wider and easier to remain in while moving around. Havent tried m2 yet. Theyre just here staring at me.

Also, that is strong endorsement of the passive speakers versus the ALFR, wow.

Last edited by Kodiak; 06/10/22 12:18 AM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595