Well, I chose the wrong e-tailer. They had a good rating on all the multiple listing sites-but when you read the actual feedback comments it becomes very clear that the positive feedback is a bunch of bull. Just about every negative comment indicated that items sold as new were opened, often with a different product inside-sometimes with a different TYPE of product inside. I got lucky and cancelled my order in time. After this and the busted H/K which I'm stilling waiting on the RMA for I'm no longer interested in dealing with trying to find a bargain on a product that is a couple years old. I'm back to the outlaw. I have two options that I'm considering:
1. Get the 1070 and save for two monoblocks. Down the road replace the monoblocks with a multi channel separate and then further down the road replace the 1070 with a dedicated pre pro. Short term this is a cheaper option and I can definately afford it. Long term I'll probably be ending up spending more money-but I might be able to get cooler equipment going down this path.
2. Get the 990/7125. It will be a long time before I would plan to change anything in this setup-the 990 would be the obvious first thing to be replaced-but I've had my current av receiver for 5 or 6 years and I rarely think 'gosh, I need a new one'. Long term this is probably going to cost less, but short term this is a big initial investment.

Regardless I'll be getting the epic 80/500 still.

Oh, and the buyer for my current place fell through. I don't have a date for moving again I really want to get the speakers now, but it seems to me a foolish move to ship them just to move them-and it isn't like I'll be able to enjoy this setup in a condo.