Michael, thanks for the response. When I had the old concrete walkway removed, I had the entire front of the house excavated because the concrete was poured very deep and they threw in all kinds of rocks etc. It looked like it was a Friday job and they were getting rid of the leftover stuff they had excavated previously; t was really unbelievable what they did. We couldn't cut through the concrete with a concrete saw, or get anywhere with an electric jackhammer. I had to have someone come in with a jackhammer on the back of the backhoe, then lift it out in sections. The people that did the excavating for me said that they've never seen anything like it.

Everything else is okay (wish I still had pictures of the excavation), it's just underneath the door that is the concern.

Here are two pictures to give you an idea of the before and after. You will have to excuse the quality of the second picture, it's taken from "Google images".

Before-

After-

Hope that helps,
Cam

Last edited by wheelz999; 04/06/10 05:56 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.