hello all,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I recently purchased a new NAD C 320BEE to replace my old AIWA bookshelf stereo. I thought that the amp would come with a pair of RCA cables, but to my great surprise when I opened the box, there isn't any. So out of desperation, I borrowed a pair of pretty old, skimppy tiny RCA cables from my roommate that was sitting in his closet.

The setup sounded fine, except that every now and then the right speaker would become muted. This could be solved by playing around with moving the cables a bit... nevertheless it was very annoying.

Today, I was browsing around the local stereo shop and there was a pair of monster ultra 600 thx cables on sale for $40ish(it was a returned/opened merchandise). So I thought I'd give it a try.

Having read all the posts about how expensive cables are really just a waste of money, I really didn't expect much from these cables. In fact, I really want to be able to say that "ha, these people were right" but I can't. The sound improvement was very noticeable as I can hear even more detail that wasn't there before.

Now I'm really begining to wonder maybe I should've dished out even more on the cables and maybe get the Monster ultra 1000 instead of these 600. I mean, are the effects I'm experiencing just results of lighter pockets or there really is some substance to these expensive high end cables?

Jeff 2x m22ti and 1x VP150 Panasonic SA-XR55S