Hooked up the Onkyo this afternoon and went through the setup procedures with the included microphone. I did not reset the receiver from 8 ohms to 4 ohms for the M80s. I understand that people do not do this. I didn't program the remote because I have a Harmony 880 coming. The wife said why don't we get one as a Wedding Anniversary present from us to us. She didn't have to ask twice!!!!

I do have a question for Onkyo users. I have both the optical (audio) and regular two channel output from my Sony HDTV connected to video 2 input of the Onkyo. As I switch between TV stations, I get audio on all of the stations and the receiver display changes as the audio format changes. I know that I need to read the manual another couple of times to fully understand what is happening. Twice is not enough!!!!

Now for the question, I can't get very loud audio. It is almost like I have lost 10-20 dB somewhere in the setup. Even with full Onkyo volume of +6 dB (on the dial), the sound is not very loud.

What have I done wrong in the setup?

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV