I kind'a know how you feel regarding the "wasted my money" comment. Whether it's sales-people or advancing technology, it always seems as though once you acquire something, a few days later you wish you would have waited (my Axiom speakers being the exception!!!).

In my case, I was running an ancient Pioneer VSX-3600 receiver. I bought it in ~ 1989 for $600. It was the cheapest receiver I could afford that had Dolby Surround (Pro-Logic was another $300!!! LOL). Finally last year, I saved up enough $$$ to buy a new Yamaha HTR-6060 that was on sale. Again, it was the most receiver I could buy at the time with my budget and I thought this will do me for the next 20 years ;\) .It wasn't until a few months later that True-HD and DTS-HD became available from many manufacturers at regular price vs the sale price I paid. DOH!
But, thankfully my "old" Yammy has multi-channel analogue inputs. This alows me to do the similar thing you may do. My next purchase I've decided is the Panasonic DMP-BD55 blu-ray player. It decodes the latest audio formats, converts them to multi-channel outputs. Those plug right into my Yammy's inputs, and then it does the rest.

Ahhhh, such is life.

Last edited by 80'sMan; 01/07/09 05:07 PM.

Epic 50 - 500 System ( M50 / QS4 / VP100 / EP500 )