I've read reviews for the X1 and checked out a couple other forums on this product, as well as Alan's article, and I'm nearly convinced this is the route I want to go. The bang for the buck just seems to be too good to pass up (much like Axiom speakers!). I still have one major concern, though.

I don't have a dedicated HT room in my house, so the projector would be used in the living room. Normally, I keep the curtains closed, but during daylight hours, some light is going to enter the house. (My living room window faces to the South.) Is the X1 capable of overcoming a bit of daylight, or is everything going to be completely washed out? Saturn, you may be the most qualified to answer, since you actually own this particular projector.

If I do get a projector, I intend to use it for movies only, which I watch mostly at night, but I'd still like the option of watching DVDs during the day. Additionally, are there any recommended screen options that will improve the picture in such a lighting situation?