Originally Posted By: JohnK
Mike, I hope you've had a chance to listen to the recommended CDs at greater length and that their attractions have become apparent.

From your comment on the female violinists in your new post, I think that I can see one reason that you liked Janine's Four Seasons so much. With the trend going as it is now, there appears to be a possibility that these young violinists will be shown totally nude for some future recordings.

I can only hope so John.

I wouldn’t get too wrapped up into that though. Did you actually listen to these two girls? They are quite good. And I doubt that Janine’s appearance is why I like that particular CD. I liked it before I realized it was an attractive women. I just like strings, cello in particular.

I have listened quite a bit more to all the classical CD’s I’ve purchased. I usually have them on random mix via my Slim Devices Duet, and I am continually drawn towards strings. I know for certain that I do not care for the works where there is a lot of brass involved. I like brass, but only if it’s old time jazz and live. They just don’t do it for me in a classical setting. I like the more peaceful string pieces. But, conversely, I like the very dynamic pieces that Mae does. Not her “wanna be a pop star crap”, but the pieces that she does with an orchestra background. You ought to listen to a couple and let me know what you think.