Whats the job of a speaker cable or interconnect? Its to convey, as accurately as possible, the electrical voltage that represents the audio and video signals from a CD, DVD, satellite receiver, or cable broadcaster to your speakers and video display.
Copper speaker cables and interconnects have no 'sound' of their own. There is no need to pay stratospheric prices for cables that make outrageous claims unsupported by science or listening tests. As long as the copper is 99.9999% pure, there is little or no resistance, and the connections are electrically sound, then the cables will carry your signals from source to destination without degradation. Axiom speaker cables and interconnects fulfill all of these requirements, so you can be confident in the clearest video and transparent audio between all your components.
Axiom Cables and Interconnects Feature:
- 99.9999% oxygen-free copper (OFC)
- meticulously soldered connectors - no crimped or mechanical connections
- threaded metal sleeves for visual inspection
- color-coded gold-plated connectors
- heavy-duty nylon braided insulators
- rugged mesh shielding to resist electromagnetic hum and radio-frequency interference (RFI)
excerpted from the monthly
Axiom AudioFile newsletter
What's in a Cable?